I have now passed my first year as a blogger and it has been an amazing year. This blog was born out of many requests that I got from working with various media agencies and start-ups on questions like: do you have any research on viral marketing? do you know of any company providing ...? what media strategy do you suggest that we use on...? have your heard of..? We are looking to hire a talented person that..? What do you think of this business plan? Can you help us find investment for this new start-up? and many more. Instead of emailing ideas etc whenever it came up, I thought I just start a blog to share some of my experiences and know-how with my circle of contacts. However, I never dreamt of that it would turn into a business..
Here are some of the major take aways from my first year as a blogger.
- Build a fantastic business network & made new friends
- Helped companies in generating new business
- Launched Samsung Mobiles "Anyfilms.Net" blog campaign through my cooperation with Hyper Happen.
- Helped some talented people getting new jobs
- Adviced media agencies on blog strategies, viral marketing and what makes people tick'
- Connected people
- Inspired others to blog too
- Launched my company Mash Up Media - (MUM)
- Connected start-ups with Venture Capitalists & vice versa
- Made some money too
To sum up: I have learned a lot, got in touch with so many new and interesting people, helped other people with promoting their businesses and skills. If there is one thing I can say is that blogging is good for you and your business whatever you might be doing, just remember the famous line "Anything that you say, can and will be used against you..." so think twice before you post. BTW, stay tuned later over the next couple of days for a new blogging announcement.
Technorati Tags: Maxthon, Internet, Media, Blogs, We Media, Citizen Media, Citizen Journalism, Advertising, Anyfilms, Samsung Mobile, Business Developent, Blogvertising, Online Media, Hyper Happen, Networking, Mashups, Mashup Media